We are facing significant challenges and it is a difficult time for communities in Canada, the United States and the rest of the world.
Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic is now our number one priority. We are working around the clock to remain as responsive as possible. Our focus is on the well-being of our employees and to be there for you -- our customers and brokers -- when you need us.
The decisions we are taking will continue to be guided by public health authorities in Canada and the United States. However, our perspective is that it is better to be extra cautious and vigilant during these times.
We are committed to sharing as much information as possible with employees, customers and brokers in the days and weeks ahead.
We have many employees who are now working from home and we have a strong business continuity plan in place. We will take every step necessary to protect employees and customers while ensuring that our business remains operational.
We are reviewing the impact of the pandemic and we will take a problem-solving approach as we work through new situations and deal with the questions that may come our way.
While the financial markets are extremely volatile right now, our operations and capital position are strong. We are well-positioned to continue to serve our customers and brokers and support communities through this stressful period.
This is a difficult time for all but serves as a reminder of why Intact exists – to help people.
I can assure you that the entire Intact team has been working very hard. We will get through this by working together with our communities, and with governments and public health authorities.
We value these relationships and we are here to help. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out through one of the channels included below.
Chief Executive Officer
Intact Financial Corporation
We’re here to help.
We believe insurance is about people. We’re committed to our purpose to help our customers, employees and communities be resilient in challenging times. While we are taking precautions to ensure the safety of our employees, we continue to be here for you when you need us. We provide convenient 24/7 online tools that are available to you anytime, anywhere.
Easily submit a claim online through your Client Centre or by using our mobile app
Download the belairdirect app
24/7 Claims Hotline:
Quebec: 1 877 2709124
Other provinces: 1 877 228 2656
Easily submit a claim online through your Client Center or by using our mobile app
Download the Intact Insurance app
24/7 Claims Hotline: 1 866 464 2424
For inquiries, contact your local branch.
After hours inquiries:
NS, NB, PE, NL: 1-833-536-0732
Easily submit a claim online or by using our mobile app
Download the OneBeacon app
24/7 Claims Hotline: 877 248 3455
Business hours inquiries: 1 800 265 4000
After hours inquiries: 1 866 287 4971
Client Centre provides you with easy, secure, online access to all your policy documents, billing statements and claims information, whenever or wherever you need it, from any device. You can:
- Have 24/7 access to all of your policy documents to view, download or print
- Follow the status of your claim real time with a simple, step-by-step timeline
- Find contact information to get in touch with us
Keep up to date.
Our business continues to operate with additional precautions. If there are any changes, we’ll tell you about it here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you still open?
- Yes, our business continues to operate with additional precautions. Our priority remains the well-being and safety of our customers, employees and business partners. We want to reassure you that our employees are mobilized to continue to support you. At this time, we will not be accepting walk-ins and encourage customers to give us a call or to visit their Client Centre.
How are you protecting customers and employees?
- We continue to monitor and assess the risks associated with COVID-19 and are following recommendations provided by both local and national health officials. This includes more frequent cleaning and disinfection of shared areas and common surfaces, including doorknobs, bathrooms and kitchenettes. We’ve also increased the amount of hand sanitizer available to employees and customers in our offices globally.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, we’ll continue to monitor and update our response as necessary.
What will happen if I have a claim already underway?
- The progress of your claim can be tracked anytime, anywhere through our app or Client Centre. We ask for your patience as timelines may be impacted by COVID-19 delays.
How will I know if your offices are temporarily closed?
- If we need to follow local guidance and close an office, our operations will continue. Customers can still get in touch with us through our 24/7 claims hotlines, online through Claims Centre and our mobile apps.
We will update this page with any new information, along with social media on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
COVID 19 is causing me to experience financial challenges – what can I do?
- We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone. Our priority remains your well-being and safety. As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we will help alleviate the pressure by providing case-by-case solutions including flexible payment options. Please contact us or your broker. We’ll work with you to find a solution.
Return to all Press Releases