Who We Are
Intact Financial Corporation is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada. More Canadians trust us for peace of mind than any other insurance company in the country.
Canada’s P&C insurance leader
- We are the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada with an estimated market share of 20%, a leading provider of global specialty insurance, and, with RSA, a leader in the U.K. and Ireland.
- Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $21 billion of total annual premiums.
- We have a sustainable competitive edge due to our disciplined approach, scale advantage, and in-house claims expertise.
- Our multi-channel distribution strategy maximizes growth in the market, enabling us to appeal to different customer preferences and be more responsive to change.
- Proven industry consolidator with a track record of 18 successful P&C acquisitions since 1988, including the RSA Acquisition (Intact’s largest acquisition to date), which closed on June 1, 2021.
- With RSA, we have now a global team of more than 26,000 employees putting our collective strengths to work – supporting customers and brokers and delivering on the key strategies and best in class operations that are essential to the success of Intact Financial Corporation.
Consistent P&C insurance industry outperformer
- Our objective is to outperform industry return on equity (“ROE”) by at least 500 basis points every year.
- We target net operating income per share (“NOIPS”) growth of 10% per year over time.
Financial strength and flexibility
- We have increased our dividend each year since our IPO.
- Our record of strong capital generation and disciplined deployment has allowed us to pursue our growth objectives while returning capital to shareholders.
- Our consistent track record of positive reserve development reflects our conservative approach to establishing and managing claims reserves.
Our people advantage
- We have built a purpose-driven company that values people as its biggest strength. We strive to create an inspiring workplace where people have the opportunity to realize the best of their abilities and flourish.
In 2022, Kincentric named Intact a Best Employer in Canada for the seventh consecutive year, and in the U.S., for the fourth consecutive year.