Intact Financial Corporation (TSX:IFC) today announced that its 2018 Social Impact Report and Public Accountability Statement are now available online at www.intactfc.com.
Some key highlights of this year's report include:
- Intact signed on to the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI), a global best practice sustainability framework for the insurance industry to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks
- Intact joined a pilot project of the UNEP FI with 15 other global insurers focused on the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Charles Brindamour, Chief Executive Officer, participated in the G7 Environment, Oceans and Energy Ministers meeting in Halifax in September 2018, and addressed the critical need of building climate resilient infrastructure
- Intact and the Intact Foundation contributed over $6.1 million to over 400 organizations across North America
- Intact employees volunteered 4,100 hours and donated over $1.4 million
In addition, the company is honoured to be recognized for:
- Gender diversity: La Gouvernance au Féminin awarded Intact a Certification of Parity, Platinum level, for the company’s actions in advancing women in business
- Best Employer: This is the fourth consecutive year Intact has been named a Best Employer in Canada, at the Platinum level
- Top 100 Employers: Mediacorp Canada Inc. named Intact as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the fourth consecutive year and as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the third consecutive year
- Transparency and financial reporting: Brendan Wood International recognized Intact as one of five 2018 Global TopGun insurance companies for transparency and financial reporting
Read more about how Intact promotes environmental responsibility in its operations, supports employees in their citizenship endeavours, encourages climate change adaptation and fosters vibrant and resilient communities for all its stakeholders.
About Intact Financial Corporation
Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada and a leading provider of specialty insurance in North America, with over $10 billion in total annual premiums. The Company has approximately 14,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than five million personal, business and public sector clients through offices in Canada and the U.S. In Canada, Intact distributes insurance under the Intact Insurance brand through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly-owned subsidiary BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through belairdirect. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary, provides specialty insurance products through independent agencies, brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies.
Director, External Communications
Vice President, Investor Relations and Treasurer
1-855 646-8228 ext. 87383
Return to all Press Releases