The Public Accountability Statement outlines the company's contribution to the Canadian economy and society.
Some highlights of this year's report include:
- The Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation (Intact Centre) has achieved several milestones in its first year. Amongst them: signing the City of Burlington, Ontario as the pilot community to introduce the Home Adaptation Assessment Program (HAAP) and producing the Intact Centre’s report card on Canada, “Climate Change and the Preparedness of Canadian Provinces and Yukon to Limit Potential Flood Damage”. The HAAP is designed to help homeowners reduce their risk of basement flooding and minimize damage as flooding occurs.
- The Intact Foundation made a $525,000 donation to Egale Canada Human Rights Trust in support of the Egale Centre, a LGBTIQ2S (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, and Two Spirit) transitional housing facility in Toronto. The donation will provide support to Egale in developing and executing programs to help the youth living in the facility overcome barriers to employment, as well as building life, social and personal skills.
- In line with our commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse environment at Intact Financial Corporation, we became a member of the 30% Club. Today, 56% of our management roles are held by women and 42% of our Board of Directors is made up of women.
In addition, Intact Financial Corporation is proud to be recognized for its industry-best practices, including:
- One of Canada's governance leaders. The Globe and Mail Report on Business – Board Games Index ranked Intact second (tied) out of 231 companies, up from fifth position in 2015.
- One of Aon's Best Employers at the platinum level for 2017, marking the second year in a row that Intact Financial Corporation receives this award.
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2017, and a Greater Toronto Top Employer by Mediacorp Canada Inc., for the second consecutive year. For the first time, Intact Financial Corporation was also named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 2017 by Mediacorp.
More details of the company's corporate social responsibility activities are available in the 2016 Public Accountability Statement.
About the Intact Foundation
Since 2003, the Intact Foundation has contributed over $30 million in charitable funding to over 1,400 organizations nationally. The Intact Foundation, governed by employees of Intact Financial Corporation, Intact Insurance, and belairdirect, focuses its resources in two arenas – climate change adaptation and supporting at-risk youth.
About Intact Financial Corporation
Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada with over $8.0 billion in annual premiums. Supported by over 12,000 employees, the Company insures more than five million individuals and businesses through its insurance subsidiaries and is the largest private sector provider of P&C insurance in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland & Labrador. The Company distributes insurance under the Intact Insurance brand through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly owned subsidiary, BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through belairdirect.
Director, External Communications
Vice President, Investor Relations and Treasurer
855 646 8228, ext. 87383