Toronto, May 5, 2022 – Intact Financial Corporation’s (TSX: IFC) 2021 public accountability statement is now available at www.intactfc.com in the company’s Social Impact Report.
The theme of the report – Make it Intact – discloses company performance in environment, social, and governance measures and how the company lives its purpose – to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
Highlights from the 2021 report include:
- Getting customers back on track: With the continued challenges of 2021, Intact responded quickly to customers impacted by severe weather events and moved to protect them during additional waves of the pandemic. Since the start of the pandemic, Intact provided $635 million in relief for personal and commercial lines customers and created the Intact Small Business Relief Program to provide help to businesses impacted most.
- Investing in people: Following a transformational year for the business and completing its largest acquisition and expanding its position across markets, Intact’s 26,000-strong workforce continued to bring their best and the company was again named as a Kincentric Best Employer in Canada, the U.S., and North America.
- Building resilient communities: Intact is extending its expertise, scale and resources further to accelerate meaningful action on the transition to a low carbon world. Throughout 2021, key teams across the global business built a five-point plan that includes commitments around achieving net zero by 2050 and doubling down on helping people adapt to climate change. The plan was launched on April 14, 2022.
- Empowering employee generosity: In 2021, $10.7 million was invested in local communities through monetary, time and in-kind contributions. Intact supported 2,611 charities and employees committed 10,235 hours of practical and skills-based volunteering.
- Advocating for sustainable investment: Intact Investment Management joined Climate Engagement Canada, a Canadian investor-led collaborative engagement program designed to support the financial industry in its transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Recognized as a most respected company: Intact was once again recognized in The Globe and Mail Board Games rankings, tying in first place. Board Games evaluates the quality of governance practices and disclosure for Canadian publicly traded companies.
About Intact Financial Corporation
Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada, a leading provider of global specialty insurance, and, with RSA, a leader in the U.K. and Ireland. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
In Canada, Intact distributes insurance under the Intact Insurance brand through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly-owned subsidiary BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through belairdirect. Intact also provides affinity insurance solutions through the Johnson Affinity Groups.
In the U.S., Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions provides a range of specialty insurance products and services through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, and wholesalers and managing general agencies.
Outside of North America, the Company provides personal, commercial and specialty insurance solutions across the U.K., Ireland, Europe and the Middle East through the RSA brands.
Manager, Media Relations
416 341-1464 ext. 42515
Vice President, Investor Relations
416 341-1464 ext. 41004Return to all Press Releases