Intact Financial Corporation is the leading provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada.
More Canadians trust us for peace of mind than any other insurance company in the country.
Canada’s P&C insurance leader
- We are the largest provider of P&C insurance in Canada with almost $8 billion in annual direct premiums written (“DPW”) and an estimated market share of 17%.
- We have a sustainable competitive edge due to our disciplined approach, scale advantage, and in-house claims expertise.
- Our multi-channel distribution strategy maximizes growth in the market, enabling us to appeal to different customer preferences and be more responsive to change.
- We are a proven industry consolidator with a track record of 15 accretive acquisitions.
Consistent P&C insurance industry outperformer
- Our objective is to outperform industry return on equity (“ROE”) by at least 500 basis points every year.
- We target net operating income per share (“NOIPS”) growth of 10% per year over time.
Financial strength and flexibility
- We have increased our dividend each year since our IPO.
- Our record of strong capital generation and disciplined deployment has allowed us to pursue our growth objectives while returning capital to shareholders.
- Our consistent track record of positive reserve development reflects our conservative approach to establishing and managing claims reserves.
Our people advantage
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Aon’s Best Employer in Canada (Platinum level).
- Deep executive talent pool with an average of 17 years with the organization in various roles.